What and How to Claim with the Help of a Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer

Back to Home

Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund


A Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund (MVACF) provides compensation to people who have been injured in automobile accidents, when no automobile insurance exists.


These are the functions of the MVACF:


*to provide statutory accident benefits to people who are involved in a car accident with no automobile insurance;

*to give compensation for property damage to victims involved in a car accident with an unidentified or uninjured driver, or a stolen vehicle when no liability insurance exists;

*to recover from the drivers and owners of uninsured vehicle monies that are paid out on their behalf, when it’s legally permissible.


To find out if you are eligible for MVACF, you should contact a motor vehicle accident lawyer to help you determine what compensation you are able to receive.


What Happens After You File a Claim?


So, you’ve filed an insurance claim and are wondering what the next steps are. As soon as you have reported your claim, a claims adjuster that has been assigned to your file will contact you. Sometimes, they will want to have a meeting with you in person, while others will want to handle business over the phone. You might also be asked to complete a claim form, also known as a Proof of Loss form. Your claims adjuster will then see what insurance policy will cover and help guide you through the process.


A motor vehicle accident lawyer will also guide you through the process of filing your claims and determine what the best course of action is for your specific case.